- Remember, the TIM is intended to describe the lesson, not the teacher.
- Based on lesson plan or discussion, begin a TIM-O record with preliminary notes and levels.
- Make a note of things to look for or questions to ask based on what you know prior to the walkthrough.
DURING THE CLASSROOM WALKTHROUGH
- Duration of a walkthrough should be at least 10 minutes. Get a “feel” for the general TIM level in the lesson.
- First, does this lesson seem to be at Entry level or above Entry level?
- Does it seem to be at Adoption level or above Adoption level?
- Does it seem to be at Adaptation level or above Adaptation level?
- Does it seem to be at Infusion level or above Infusion level?
- Does it seem to be at Transformation level or above Transformation level?
- For each characteristic, decide which levels best match the lesson.
- Detailed indicators are available under the Characteristics tabs within the TIM-O.
- Copy text from the detailed indicators and paste it into the Notes field to add specificity.
- Record detailed coaching notes.
- Make any adjustments needed to levels.
- Record key coaching points discussed during post-walkthrough conference in the Notes field.
- Make notes pertaining to goals and professional development recommendations.
The Table of Summary Indicators is a one-page PDF that includes short descriptors for each cell of the Matrix.
The Table of Student Indicators is a two-page PDF that includes detailed descriptors for student activity for each cell of the Matrix.
The Table of Teacher Indicators is a two-page PDF that includes detailed descriptors for teacher activity for each cell of the Matrix.
Instructional Setting Indicators
The Table of Instructional Setting Indicators is a two-page PDF that includes detailed descriptors for instructional settings for each cell of the Matrix.
Pre-Conference Form &